Pages

Thursday, January 9, 2014

My New Blue NutriBullet

My Sweet DH bought me a NutriBullet for Christmas and I was so excited. After reading the recipe book that is included with it, I was intrigued by a lot of the combinations that you can put together and they actually do taste good!  I think the best bet would be to make a grocery list based on the ingredients in the recipe book.



So far I made a smoothie with Strawberries, Raspberries, Watermelon, Avocado, Spinach, Cucumber and Water.  I mixed the fruit first and it was the sweetest, prettiest deep pink color.  The Vegetables blended together were a deep green color.  I then mixed the two together (pink and green).  I did this only because my 4 year old was helping me (not using the blade of course) and he wanted to try the fruit only.  He loved it!   Both my children love to watch how quickly it liquefies everything. 

Tonight I made chicken salad and salad dressing with it.  The chicken salad took seconds!  I just put in leftover chicken breasts that I had sauted last night.  After it was completely chopped up, I used the container that fits on the NutriBullet and added lite mayo, seasonings and a little bacon bits.

For the dressing, I added 1 small individual container of low-fat cottage cheese, 1/2 avocado, seasonings, fresh garlic and about 1/4 cup of low-fat milk (liquid).  It came out so creamy. The consistency is almost like creamy yogurt and the taste was so yummy!  The mild avocado flavor mixed with the garlic was very tasty.  I had enough for two servings, so I used the cover that comes with the NutiBullet container and refrigerated it.  I am not sure how this will hold, but we will see.   I have made homemade "ranch" dressing before using similar ingredients but had also included sour cream and maybe some parmesan cheese.   I think also maybe adding a little olive oil would probably add some depth to the dressing.  
 
 
When that was done, I put my ingredients in my salad.  All I had was baby spinach and cucumbers.  I am sure I could have added some tomato or onions, but I didn't have any. To complete the salad I added a dash of bacon bits.    I did add a few sun dried tomatoes in olive oil after for a little more zest after I took the pictures (I forgot I had them in the fridge)
 
This salad is light and delicious.  The taste is very mild but refreshing, I really like the combination of spinach, avocado and cucumber.  I really enjoy cooking up "new" recipes in my kitchen, especially when I have the time, energy and of course fresh ingredients in the house. 
 
 

1 comment:

StarvingBitch said...

That dressing sounds delicious